The Badger Room
Our Badger Room is a very special place for our children; it is used as our Positive Play room.
Positive play is a Derbyshire County Council Early Intervention initiative to help support children with the aim to:
“To raise the self-esteem of children and young people, helping them to access the curriculum and so achieve their potential.”
The programme is delivered in our wonderful sensory area, with a Teaching Assistant trained in delivering sessions through a series of structured activities and play, as play is a natural medium which helps children and young people make sense of their world.
The Positive Play support programme can help children feel special, help them to express and communicate their feelings, feel good about themselves, raise their self-esteem, and improve their social skills in a reliable, safe and supportive environment.
Positive Play aims to:
- allow young people a space to express and communicate feelings and difficulties in their lives, through a variety of media in constructive rather than aggressive ways and in a safe non-threatening environment
- help young people feel good about themselves, and raise self-esteem by providing activities that look at their strengths and by valuing what they do and making it special
- provide a non-authoritarian, supportive, reliable, safe, unconditional relationship within the school and other settings
- provide some of the early experiences that might (may) have been missed but which are necessary for formal education and social interaction
- help young people acquire the complex range of life skills needed to achieve their full potential.
Please see the Derbyshire County Council leaflet for further information - Click Here